bubblegumgamesbubblegumgames

Main Games Reviews Stats

Zombie Rush Zombie Rush

Simple, unlike anything I've ever played, and really well made. Needs a high score system. Could use more types of cops - could use, for example, tanks. In fairness, I only got to 182.

facelesstheone responds:

I actually planned to add more enemy types including tanks =) And I will do it in future versions (or maybe it will be completely new game)

Johnny Jailbreak Johnny Jailbreak

First off, beautiful backgrounds! I think your game could benefit from randomly generated levels (though in fairness, I had to play the first level a few times before writing this review to make sure it wasn't randomly generated; the game is pretty big). It should definitely be endless though. Alternatively, if it won't be endless, maybe more obstacles to vary it up more. That said, I did enjoy the simplicity of the game. Also, if there's going to be an end, the game would feel more polished with an ending cut scene. Just something small, nothing big. More than just a screenshot though. Maybe the cop falls off the highway, and then you get the screenshot. Or maybe there's a sign for Mexico or something. Anything to make it less abrupt and more clear how he's getting away

Asteroids Game Asteroids Game

Good graphics, level 2 begins a little too suddenly so I die immediately, hard to control but that might be something of the point, I still prefer the original asteroids and I don't think this adds anything new to that game

nachocpol responds:

Thanks for your opinion and as I said to ognarev I did this game as a programming challenge.

Hungry Joe Hungry Joe

Very well made and unlike any other RPG I've played, but I found it rather repetitive

Kwing responds:

It's quite similar to Please Remain Calm and The Binding of Isaac. Most games like this do get repetitive, but it depends on how much you're playing of course.

Klaxxon Klaxxon

Graphics are absolutely gorgeous. I think it's a little hard to dodge rocks and I would've liked more side-to-side mobility.

Asteroid Kid Asteroid Kid

Music's great! Graphics are kind of charming because of how they match the music and the story. It looks like a kid's art in a way I rather like. Still, there could be more variety in the surroundings. Right now there's just one type of obstacle, so far as I can tell (I'm stuck; I did not beat the game)
Also, I understand that gravity is part of the challenge, but gravity needs to be less overpowering. Either just make the comets bigger and have no gravity or have gravity be a force you can fly against. As it is now, gravity is purely a death sentence.

MapleLeafGames responds:

Thanks! I needed that, i just put on random stuff for fun so don't expect a ton out of me. This is exactly the kind of stuff an indie game developer needs! P.S You should start to learn how to weave gravity.

Slow Mustache Slow Mustache

Good gameplay, but too hard too quickly. I find the graphics charming. Definitely needs audio. I'm excited to see how you do the bosses.
Also, small thing: why not also let the player go through doors by pressing "up" or "w." This is how Kirby and Mario have handled doors and it's kind of how I expect doors to be handled. I'd like the option.

DrinKadriu responds:

Thank you so much for the review.Im so glad you liked the graphics, about the audio i will be working on it, and yeah i will think about changing it to W.But please consider that this is my first game ever published, and my first game using the unity engine, and its not that good but im really happy with it(the prototype).

Lonely Peak Lonely Peak

I find the graphics and music very soothing. Especially the graphics. I love the graphics.
The scroll confused me for just a second. Did not realize you had to drag the screen.
But my only real complaint is that the music eventually gets repetitive

Isometric responds:

Thank you! I have drawn every single graphic in this game - except the social icons.
As for the music i tried to keep the file size down so i only kept one track.

Smarty Test Smarty Test

Complaints:
-"All they die less" is not the same as "All that are left" or "They all die except"
-How many animals on the arc could also be a literature question. "2" is a sound answer. Additionally, there are some people (not me) who do believe he took animals on the arc.
- A person who lived thirty years had 31 birthdays if you count the day on which they were born (when they turned 0), not thirty.
-Too short in my opinion.

Compliments:
-I love the apples question

aliceperdomoDev responds:

Hi, with pleasure I will clarify any doubt about the questions in a private message.

Thanks for the review

Generic Boy (Demo 1) Generic Boy (Demo 1)

Good! Very good. Fun graphics and the different parts of the level are memorable. There is a jump after the logs that I can't seem to master, and I think your game would benefit if that jump were less difficult. Wait a little to amp up the difficulty.
One thing: Why not do away with the game over sequence if I'm just going to end up back at the check point anyway?

Codeman160 responds:

is there a problem? Does the game over not go back to the title screen?